Yeah Wheezy 7.8 is was. Pretty sure this would not work on Jessie. As
Jessie needs SYSV packages installed in order to use SYSV( uses systemd as
default ). However, systemd is supposed to be backwards compatible with
SYSV, so if you do not comment out the line i suggest below in uEnv.txt, it
may just work.

william@eee-pc:~/downloads/linux-images$ sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdb
bs=1024 count=22+0 records in
2+0 records out
2048 bytes (2.0 kB) copied, 0.255138 s, 8.0 kB/s

william@eee-pc:~/downloads/linux-images$ sudo dd
if=/home/william/downloads/linux-images/bone-debian-7.8-console-armhf-2015-03-01-2gb.img
of=/dev/sdb
3481600+0 records in
3481600+0 records out
1782579200 bytes (1.8 GB) copied, 560.021 s, 3.2 MB/s

OPTIONAL:

If like me you wish to disable systemd . . .period.

william@eee-pc:~$ mkdir tmp
william@eee-pc:~$ sudo mount /dev/sdb1 /home/wiliam/tmp
william@eee-pc:~$ sudo nano ~/tmp/boot/uEnv.txt

And change:
cmdline=quiet init=/lib/systemd/systemd
#cmdline=quiet init=/lib/systemd/systemd

If you then wish to have USB networking . . .

william@eee-pc:~$ sudo nano /etc/network/interfaces
# Ethernet/RNDIS gadget (g_ether)
# ... or on host side, usbnet and random hwaddr
# Note on some boards, usb0 is automaticly setup with an init script
# Add "auto usb0" if not using systemd
auto usb0
iface usb0 inet static
    address 192.168.7.2
    netmask 255.255.255.0
    network 192.168.7.0
    gateway 192.168.7.1

william@eee-pc:~$ sudo nano /etc/modules
# /etc/modules: kernel modules to load at boot time.
#
# This file contains the names of kernel modules that should be loaded
# at boot time, one per line. Lines beginning with "#" are ignored.
# Parameters can be specified after the module name.
g_ether

william@eee-pc:~$ sudo umount /home/william/tmp

william@eee-pc:~/downloads/linux-images$ sudo sync

remove sdcard from development host, place it into the beaglebone black.
Then power up the beaglebone black. Log into the beagelbone . . .