Richard, to set you straight a bit
the power supply can supply up to 100 amps.
it does not matter how much current the supply can supply
the beagle will draw up to 1 amp if you are flashing the Emmc
the beagle runs fine on the 500ma USB power supplies as long as you are
not flashing the emmc.
http://elinux.org/Beagleboard:BeagleBone_Black_Accessories#Power_Supplies
http://www.adafruit.com/products/276?PageSpeed=noscript
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/12889
http://www.logicsupply.com/pw-5v2a/

these are known to work well with the BBB there are countless others out
there
i personally use a 5v 700ma phone charger on one i have plugged into the
USB port
and a 1a one i had shipped over 2 years ago from china for 3 dollars
free shipping on another.

if you plan on loading up with capes you will need even more current.

pardon me if i misunderstood your email. but a 2amp wall wart is just fine