Hello All,

I've have a BeagleBone Black connected with SPI0 to an FPGA and also to
it's configuration flash memory device on a cape we are developing.   On
power up, the FPGA will configure correctly from the serial.  (SPIDEV0 is
not enabled in the device tree).   I can also reprogram the flash with SPI0
at this point.  The idea is that either the BBB or the FPGA will talk to
the flash and the other will be tri-stated.

I'm using the Adafruit_BBIO driver to communicate with the FPGA over SPI0
(using Python).

The issue I have is that when I exit the Python program, the SPI0 pins are
still configured for SPI (even after using the SPI.close() function in the
program).  I'm looking at the cape manager slots after the program exits
and SPIDEV0 is now loaded.    After that, I'm not able to re-configure the
FPGA because the SPI lines are being driven by the BBB.

The question is:  Is it possible to tri-state the SPI0 lines or switch the
SPI0 lines back to GPIO inputs before I exit the python program?

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

David Hunter