Also for what it is worth, my buddy did mention to me that the beaglecore
would / could be useful for him. After which he named a project we've been
talking about. The thing about the beaglecore that threw me for a "loop"
was the beaglebone type "motherboard". But now thinking about it, everyone
needs an EVAL "system" for development.

The beagleboard.org community "compatibility" ( software wise ) is also a
nice touch. I am not sure how many, if any of the boards I mentioned can do
that. Sure, they all offer BSPs for various OSes / distro's . . . but that
does not necessarily mean the same thing. Past that, and quite honestly, I
have a strong dislike for anything bitbake, and whatever that build system
is for Angstrom( I tried to put all that stuff as far out of my mind as
possible ). As all that stuff I feel is not very intuitive, and can be
quite a hassle to setup / use.

I really enjoy the simplicity of say setting up a rootfs using debootstrap,
using chroot to modify the image to my needs, including pulling in a
linux-image from the community, using dpkg to "install". But anyway, simple
standard tools are my "thing". So in this case, the beaglecore has it
nailed. Assuming it comes into fruition.