Dear Matt,

Thanks a lot for your detailed explanations!

About the enclosure: I think I will go for a non-sealed solution. I'm not
sure if IP67 sealed solutions including cable seals are available, and it
sounds a lot more bothersome. In case it starts leaking I will get humidity
issues. And like you say, I might get really high temperatures as well. Our
current computers are not sealed airtight (but they are weather-coated),
and that seems to work fine so far (2000 units installed, although
admittedly, not offshore yet). Since it will be inside a cabinet inside a
closed tower at maybe 20 m above sea level, I hope the salinity is not
going to let it corrode too much. Not sure though if all weather coating is
comparable?

I am wondering about the serviceable contacts, like you say. Least I can do
is use a naturally ventilating case with power and ethernet openings on the
down side. Should I insist on a special material for these connectors, such
as copper? How about the wires? The USB opening on the upside should be
covered by the casing, I shouldn't need that one anyway. And I think the
uSD will be a weak point, I prefer to not use that one and get 128GB flash
on the board instead, if someone can deliver that. Periodic transfer to the
server of the primary data is not really an option for reasons of
logistics, data management, and network availability.

Thanks again for the comments, I'm happy to hear any further tips!

Kind regards,

Otto