I have successfully (almost) compiled LFS development
<http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/development/> mostly guided by
the following instructions PiLFS
<http://www.intestinate.com/pilfs/guide.html> to build it for a raspberry
pi.
I had to do some small changes in some packages and I am using linux kernel
3.14 as I would like to play a little with xenomai 3 <http://xenomai.org/>.
The kernel I grabbed it from bbb kernel
<https://github.com/beagleboard/linux/> and I plan to release some kind of
guide or, at least, write down a little on the trickiest parts of the
process, after I got everything working.

 As I said before, it is working but with some problems. By now I am only
able to login by serial console (using a FTDI USB-TTL-232 cable) as any USB
device plugged to the beaglebone aren't even powered up. I am experimenting
a few with the kernel configuration in this moment.

Anyone has some clue on this problem or maybe anything other to point out
that may be worth of reading? Maybe some udev rules for the beaglebone....
I consider myself a experienced user of lfs on pcs, but its the first time
exploring it on another architecture.

Thanks.