You are my hero!  Renaming the dtbo was all it took and my PRU eCAP test
worked on the first try.

Now that I know it works, this feels like the kind of thing I should submit
as a pull request.  Assuming that's alright with you, I'm guessing my next
steps are to clean this up a bit, drop my custom-named version, also add
and test the same mapping on P8_15, then duplicate all of that in the
universaln and universala versions, too.  Is there anything else I'm
missing?

Thanks so much!  Cheers,
Nicholas