Hi,

I need to set a GPIO output high as early as possible during the startup
and keep it active until the system shuts down. What I did so far:

- Use GPIO 0.7 for testing
- Set GPIO0.7 high in python script automatically after startup -> GPIO
becomes high approx. 24s after power-on
- Modify device tree to set GPIO0.7 high -> GPIO becomes high approx. 9s
after startup
- Set GPIO0.7 high in u-boot scipt (/boot/boot.scr) -> GPIO becomes high
after approx. 3.5s, but becomes low again after approx. 6s

My problem now is that the GPIO becomes low for approx. 3s after it was set
by u-boot and before the device tree. I guess I need to understand the
kernel boot process a little bit better. Any suggestion, where to start or
any hint where to look at?

Regards

Axel