> *is it showing up under:*
>
> * sudo ifconfig -a ??*

No.

*i've been mostly testing on the v4.1.x-ti branch, so something might*
> * have broke on mainline..*
>
> * Do the other 2 serial ports show up?*
>
> * dmesg | grep serial*

william@xanbustester:~$ dmesg |grep serial
[    2.803479] 44e09000.serial: ttyS0 at MMIO 0x44e09000 (irq = 154,
base_baud = 3000000) is a 8250

Robert, Give me a bit to make sure this is not my fault.

First -

william@xanbustester:~$ dtc -v
Version: DTC 1.4.0

So this is the wrong version. Had to hack together /opt/scripts from an
older wheezy 7.8 image, but I've got it in place now. About to start over
from installing dtc.

Also, I installed canutils *before* putting this image on the board in
question. I kind of doubt that is the problem, but not discounting that
possibility.

So yeah give me a little bit to poke around, and if it's not going to work
. . .feel free to recommend me an "older" more suitable image. It'll be a
slight hassle to go into uEnv.txt to make changes, and run depmod, but
honestly thats all pretty easy . . . It will be harder to slim down the
image again and uh . . . other stuff.