In my case I am running 3.8.13-bone68 and system is pretty darn solid if it
does start up. I have not seen Ethernet fail nor have I had any random
reboots, but occasional I do have a device not power up when power is
applied. We have not been able to determine a consistent cause and I am not
convinced it's due to the mentioned RX pin as I am pretty sure I saw that
this pin is pulled low (which I still think is wrong polarity) on rev C
boards.

In addition, we have physically blocked off the PWR button and only expose
the reset button via a small pin hole in our enclosure.