Well, by definition, the boot programming pins are going to have the
pull-ups / pull-downs, so you know what they are going to be doing, until
over-ridden.

Most processors start up with the programmable pins as inputs, then move to
the configured state.
Anything else can be dangerous to the pins.  But, as Charles says, RTFM.

If you are concerned, use the bus-isolation /transmission-gate  chips,
power them early, supply your own pull-ups/pull-downs, and switch the
connection on when SYS_RESETn goes high.  Then you are unconditionally
safe, and in-control.

--- Graham

==