Also, for the record Win32imager is garbage, and is one reason why I
recommend setting up either a real machine, or virtual machine with Linux (
preferably Debian ) when developing for the beaglebone black.

There is also another options Phil. You can use the beaglebone to write the
image for you. It's kind of convoluted, but you can build the image on your
virtual machine, then use sshfs or some other method to transfer the file
to the beaglebone. This is of course assuming you're able to boot from eMMC.