Hi Kevin,

We are cloning BBBs using dd, and we noticed a similar problem: even with a
small image, the flashing sometimes fails (blank console when booting from
eMMC)
If we redo exactly the same flashing procedure on the same BBB, it usually
works.
It looks like dd fails when it is started to early after BBB boot. Maybe
some I/O overflow if dd is used while the system is still booting and
reading a lot of stuff from the sdCard.
If we just wait for ~30seconds after the prompt, the flashing procedure
looks much more reliable.