Thanks for the info!

Our board layout guy hasn't yet committed the final gerbers yet so we can
change this.  We were actually thinking about using only a 16 bit color
depth (5/6/5) because we thought the other 8 bits were 'shared' with other
functions.

BTW when you say they swapped the red and the blue I assume you mean that
the LCDbit numbers (0-23) assignments on the BBB are mis-assigned, correct?
As far as the driver is concerned I assume that we would have to change
timing constants somewhere to match our panel, either in the source code or
a config file that is pulled in on module load.  I also have no idea about
the touch screen which has a serial interface (will connect to one of the
available BBB uarts) and the protocol is similar to serial/usb mice.