Yes, I like the method shown in the schematic. Once the ADC voltages are known for a certain analog input voltage (equal on each channel) the D/A voltages can be compared and the math done.

A few milliseconds to determine the voltage ratio is fast enough. If I can somehow shorten that with a PRU, that is even better. I would rather not add outboard A/Ds.

Some of my problem is I don't know how fast some of the other tasks will take. Those include three stepping motors, a frequency counter, and Ethenet. Possibly, too, a web page server.