Jason Kridner said:  Can you try the 4.1 kernel?
Frenchy says: Sorry for the dumb question, but can I just upgrade this
image or do I need to download a new image?
debian@vBBB9-Office-Cl4:~$ uname -a
Linux vBBB9-Office-Cl4 3.8.13-bone70 #1 SMP Fri Jan 23 02:15:42 UTC 2015
armv7l GNU/Linux

Is it as simple as this?:
$ cd /opt/scripts/tools/
$ git pull
$ ./update_kernel.sh

If new image, where should I download it from?  Thx!

> 2) I have found that things do show up in both systems using the "lsusb"
> command....BUT for some reason something goes wrong during the USB
> enumeration process on the BBB.  If you look at the output of "dmesg" you
> can see some strange descriptor errors that happen during the BBB
> enumeration process.
>

> Can you share?

Yep see the response I did a few minutes after you asked this.  I didnt see
this post while I was responding with my dmesg output.

> Let's find a fix. If I can replicate, maybe some capacitance can be shown
> to fix the issue.

I will be glad to test here.  I hope we find a fix.  Not sure if an
unstable USB Vbus would cause this...it is interesting how lsusb always
works, but the other things dont.

thx,
frenchy