Oh and right . . to be complete.

Once you find an image you want, just apt-get install <linux-image> , and
then reboot. However, if you're happy with your current image, and it is on
eMMC, you may want to consider experimenting on and sdcard first. In fact,
this is how I run all my own images ( when I'm not using NFS root, or
whatever ). I actually still have angstrom with the original 3.8 kernel on
it. Well on a Rev A5A I use.