On Wednesday, December 2, 2015 at 6:09:51 PM UTC-5, William Hermans wrote:

> william@ds64:~/ramfs/bb-kernel/KERNEL/arch/arm/boot/dts$ git grep -inIE --
> color=ALWAYS "mcasp0_pins"
> . . .
> am335x-cape-bbb-exp-c.dtsi:63:  mcasp0_pins: pinmux_mcasp0_pins {
> am335x-cape-bbb-exp-c.dtsi:113: pinctrl-0 = <&mcasp0_pins>;
> am335x-cape-bbb-exp-r.dtsi:56:  mcasp0_pins: pinmux_mcasp0_pins {
> am335x-cape-bbb-exp-r.dtsi:92:  pinctrl-0 = <&mcasp0_pins>;
> . . .
>

> So, I have not looked into either of these device tree include files . . .
> However if you include one of these, or copy the mcasp0_pins or if you
> copy this definition section from one of those file, into your device tree
> overlay. The problem should be fixed. Of course, it would behoove you to
> make sure the pinmux / pins are correct for your situation . . .

Hi William,

Thank you for taking the time to respond, I really appreciate it. My
endgoal here is to re-enable the default HDMI audio because the LCD cape
I'm using disables it. That's what got me into this whole mess in the first
place.

These files that you are referencing are not on the BBB itself, correct?
Would it be as simple as adding an include statement to my overlay? I would
obviously confirm that the pins are muxed properly.

Thanks again for your help.

Best Regards,
Jorge Garcia