Solved the issue.

Removed updetatch from the ppp/peers/provider file.

>From the pppd daemon maual:

*updetach* With this option, pppd will detach from its controlling terminal
once it has successfully established the ppp connection (to the point where
the first network control protocol, usually the IP control protocol, has
come up).

Can anyone explain why this fixed my problem :)?  Solved it but not 100%
sure why this worked.

Matt Maher Peterson
APANA
w: 360.746.2276x401