Hi everyone,

I am new to the world of using MCUs and am looking for some assistance on a
project that I am currently working on. To sum things up quickly, I am
building a data aggregation unit that can convert analog voltage readings
to digital values that is to be stored on a USB or SD card. The DAU will
collect 3 types of signals, a buffer signal, clipped signal, and a signal
passed through a LPF. In the end, the data should be stored as either a
MatLab file or .xml file. However, I am facing a few road blocks relating
to my design.

1.) I need to use a 24 bit ADC for high resolution purposes based on design
requirements that were just given to me as I will be collecting data from
.1mV to 50V and it has to have a high sample speed rate. Has anyone
connected an external ADC to the BBB? If so, what was the brand of your
external ADC? How did you connect the ADC to the BBB? (It'd be greatly
appreciated to be able to see a design).

2.) If you have had a similar project to this, was wondering how you went
about it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

As I said before, all of this is very new to me. So thank you for taking
the time to help me out.

Chelsea