Hey Everyone.

I need to use the 5v rails for about 300-400 miliamps so after doing a
bunch of reading I found out that I could pull this from the 5v rail IF I
used an external power adapter.

I found one on amazon and got it here today.  Its 5v @3 amps.  I check it
out and it looks to be about at 5.25V.  Here is a video of what is
happening.
https://goo.gl/photos/4fnzHVykRxVvgosB7

It looks like it turns on.. the user leds light up then everything just
fails.  I am not sure what the issue is.  I have tried 2 different BBB's
and both exhibit the exact same behavior.

Thanks everyone.

Riley