Thanks that worked to adafruit library working.

Still having an issues getting the device tree to load on boot.

Is there a better way to do this than in /boot/uEnv.txt ?  I have this line
in there now but it does not seam to do the job as I do not see the overlay
loaded after boot in .../slots
cape_enable=capemgr.enable_partno=BB-APA-01

I can manually load it:

root@mmpTestBox:/sys/class/gpio# cat
/sys/devices/platform/bone_capemgr/slots

 0: PF----  -1
 1: PF----  -1
 2: PF----  -1
 3: PF----  -1

root@mmpTestBox:/sys/class/gpio# sh -c "echo 'BB-APA-01' >
/sys/devices/platform/bone_capemgr/slots"
root@mmpTestBox:/sys/class/gpio# cat
/sys/devices/platform/bone_capemgr/slots

 0: PF----  -1
 1: PF----  -1
 2: PF----  -1
 3: PF----  -1

 4: P-O-L-   0 Override Board Name,00A0,Override Manuf,BB-APA-01

I believe in the old kernel 3.8.x I fuound a way to bake the overlay
kernel.  Is this possible in 4.1.x?