I think the TV is recognizing the BBB has disconnected - it says searching for
signals when the BBB is powered off or between boots, as it always says when
there is no signal on the HDMI input.

I wish moving the TV to another input would resolve this - it was among the
first things I tried, but to no avail. It seems that based on what I’m seeing
it’s not the TV that does something odd (and if it did, it would more likely do
that too with the other boards, I would assume), but it’s the HDMI on the board
that does. If there were a way to “reset” the HDMI interface on the board, I’d
try that, but I haven’t found one yet.

The EDID is indeed showing more than one supported mode - see the “1920x1080”
and the “1280x720” modes in the output I enclosed in my original post.

  -hilmar

--
Hilmar Lapp -:- lappland.io