Thank you for your response.

The resultant output is.

console=ttyO0,115200n8 quiet drm.debug=7 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 ro rootfstype=ext4
rootwait

Which leads me to believe that I didn't tell it to disable it.  However, I
thought at boot the uEnv.txt file would be loaded or can I manually load
the uEnv.txt file at boot.  Is there something incorrect in my syntax,
maybe?  Still pretty new with the BeagleBone and there seems to be
confusion between kernel and distribution release.

Thanks,
Tyler