I have two Rev B beaglebone blacks. One I never used since I bought it. I
recently ordered a Rev C to use for my project but I thought I might as
well try to make some use the one I have never used. I wanted to put Debian
7.5 on the device so it would be similar to the one I will get in a couple
of days.

I first booted the device with the factory installed Angstrom distribution.
It worked well.
I then downloaded the image from http://beagleboard.org/latest-images

I downloaded

Older Debian images
BeagleBone Black (eMMC flasher)
Debian 7.5 (BeagleBone Black - 2GB eMMC) 2014-05-14 - more info -
bittorrent - md5: 74615fb680af8f252c034d3807c9b4ae

I put the image on a microSd card, held the boot button down until it
started to echo info to the display

It booted and the screen showed in red letters that it was a temporary
installation and I needed to flash to the eMMC. I used the terminal program
and it seemed to work. I didn't have time to flash it so I shut it down.

A couple of hours later I went back to try it again and it would not boot
the original Angstrom, the blue led's all stay on and nothing happens. If I
try to load the Debian image I get 3 lines on the display that I will post
next.

[25.132791] libphy: PHY 4a101000.mdio:01 not found
[25.137954] net etho: phy 4a101000.mdio.01 not found on slave 1
[28.305991] tilcdc 4830e000.fb: timeout waiting framedone

Then it waits a period and seems go go to neverlnd. The display responds
that it has lost its signal.

Any help would be useful.

Useful responses might be something like:

Sorry dude, your device is now bricked.
or
Maybe you can get better response here
or
Advice on how to reset the device or something.

Thank you