Dean,

This should be your first worry-> open("/dev/spidev2.0", O_RDWR) = -1
ENOENT (No such file or directory)

Find out why your system thinks this file does not exist. As in perhaps it
doesn't because you need to load a device tree file as mike mentioned
above. But also as stated above, there can be many reasons why your
application does not think this file exists.