I opted for the LM317 design due to the adjustable feature, since im supplying
3.3, 5, 12 and possibly 18V. we're controlling multiple solenoids, stepper
motors, various sensors and multiple BBB on one system. i was thinking
designing the p/s in a parallel manner where i have multiple LM317s connected
to a single source (ie. battery), output different voltages and connected to
the appropriate loads. any recommendations on how to approach this problem
would be appreciated.

Rizalino de Guzman