> *This is a Beaglebone White, so it does not have eMMC. *

Yeap, I knew that. But since I do not own a white, was not sure if
parttition was the same or not.

*The SD card has 12 partitions, because I'm trying to boot Chromium OS and
> the root partition it the 3rd partition.*

OK, I did not know that. I was just troubleshooting from where I know what
works on 4.1.x, but seem 4.4.x - 4.5.x have lots of issues. Not just this
one.