I've been building a custom cape for a robotics project and one of the
chips I'm using is controlled via SPI.  I've used an oscilloscope to
validate that the SPI is working as expected.  However, two days ago I
noticed that the chip stopped responding and after scoping the SPI signal I
can see that the BBB is sending the SPI data pulses at 1.8v.  The SPI
signal is still happening... and the clock signal is still at 3.3v.  It's
just the SPI data line that is only peaking at 1.8v.

So, I'm wondering if I've done something bad to my BBB or if I've somehow
triggered a feature that I don't know about yet.  I'm attaching a photo of
the oscilloscope screen that shows the issue.