Thanks for responding Gerald.  The scope capture above was done with no
cape.  It was taken from SPI0.  The chip has one-way communication so I'm
only using SPID1 (P9_18 from memory).  The clock is coming from P9_22.
 Chip select is P9_17.  When I get home tonight I'll try the same from SPI1
and see if it's affected as well.