Is it possible to disable boot via sd card, enabling them only by pressing the boot button?

If affirmative, how to proceed?

thanks

Vinicius

Em 23-03-2016 13:34, Robert Nelson escreveu:
On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 11:28 AM, Joshua Datko <jbda...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is the default boot the eMMC or the sd card?
the bootrom read's the eMMC first..

I thought it was the eMMC but I'm helping out some friends and they
took the latest Jessie 8.3 console flasher image, stuck in the sd
card, turned on the BBB, and it flashed without holding the user boot
button.

I'm not sure what they were running previously :(
As long as it was running a default image, either Angstrom/Debian
later then: 2013.06.20

Or any of my images from rcn-ee.com/elinux.org/etc..

I wouldn't have thought that would work and I don't have a spare BBB
at the moment to try it, so I was wondering if 1.) I'm confused or 2.)
something changed or 3.) someone can upgrade my knowledge of how the
BBB boots.
Nothing's really changed.  The old Angstrom image's required holding
the boot button..

We've kept the instructions the same, recommending users hold the boot
button, to help work around some issues on versions of u-boot from
2013/2014..

Otherwise, the 'flasher' images really don't require the boot button
pressed now-days..