On Fri, Apr 1, 2016 at 4:33 PM, SriRam Chadalavada <chsri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This may be a naive question but how might I be able to obtain access to BBB
> J1 connector from a Cape board stacked on it? In other words, how and where
> should I attach the 3.3V TTL serial console cable that I used with BBB J1
> connector when a cape is stacked?
>
> According to:
> http://www.toptechboy.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/beaglebone-black-pinout.jpg,
> serial console UART0 from J1 connector is NOT exposed over the 40 pins. Is
> that correct? If so, what is the alternative to connect to serial console
> prompt?

Option 1:

Plug in a usb mini cable to the port under the led's..

"/dev/ttyACM0" should show up on your linux desktop;

gtkterm -s 115200 -p /dev/ttyACM0

Option 2:

Or these also work nice:

http://elinux.org/CircuitCo:Right_Angle_Serial_Adapter

If you order from boardzoo, don't forget to ping them via email,
sometimes they can be a little slow.. ;)

Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/