Then you are where I was probably 10 years ago. Fortunately there are good
references around that will make your life much easier. Also, you have chosen
one of the best platforms to work on and this user group has alway been really
helpful. Best advice, is to always explain what you are trying to do, what
results you see and most important, always list your kernel version and Debian
version.

Regards,
John