My program runs fine but requires that I use putty.exe and type sudo python
myprog.py to run it. I have been reading about systemctl and have written a
service file and put it in /lib/systemd/system. It's called
paint-flow.service, listing below. I have.. enabled it with systemctl
enable paint-flow.service with no errors and tried systemctl start
paint-flow.service with no errors but my program doesn't seem to start.
When I check the status I get "code=exited, status = 203/EXEC" which
doesn't tell me anything, at least nothing that I understand.

Also I tried the same thing with a one-line Hello.py program and same
results.

Any help with this newbie problem, please?

[Unit]
Description=Paint flow control program

[Service]
WorkingDirectory=/home/debian/Desktop/
ExecStart=/home/debian/Desktop/python SimB.py
SyslogIdentifier=SimB
Restart=on-failure
RestartSec=5

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.targetI am using Debian 3.8.13

John