My BBB has to communicate with a new homemade cape, which has different I2C
sensors and a MCU controlled by UART.

The BBB has a Debian 7.8 distro, Debian 4.6.3-14, with 4.1.18-ti-r56 kernel.

Then, I need to add cape support into capemgr in order to work with the
cape.
Looking for some info, I have just found that Device Tree Overlays (*.dtbo
& *.dts) files need to be stored at "*/lib/firmware*".
And there must be the '*bone_capemgr.X*' path into "*/sys/devices*".

The fact is that there is no '*bone_capemgr.X*' path at "*/sys/devices*".

So, I have two issues here:

   1. How to build my own device tree overlay?
   2. And the main one, *how to add it to the system properly*?

Due to there is no capemgr support ('*bone_capemgr.X*') at my BBB, it would
be great to know how to add it.

KR!