You need Machinekit HAL file knowledge, not Linux (or AVR).

You load the ADC code with a line like this:

https://github.com/machinekit/machinekit/blob/master/configs/ARM/BeagleBone/CRAMPS/CRAMPS.hal#L35

...except you will probably want to use "none" for the thermistor
(which is epcos_B57560G1104 in the example above).  Adjust the
channel(s) (04: and 05: in the example above) to select the ADC input
pin you wish to use.

Then you need to connect the ADC reading to your PWM driver with a HAL
signal like so:

https://github.com/machinekit/machinekit/blob/master/configs/ARM/BeagleBone/CRAMPS/CRAMPS.hal#L365-L366

...but you should use the .raw signal (ie: Therm.ch-04.raw) instead of
the value to get a value between 0-4095.

Since this is specifically a Machinekit question, you should probably
be asking on the Machinekit Google group:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/machinekit

--
Charles Steinkuehler
char...@steinkuehler.net