Exactly. I did what you just said. Used the ground RXD TXD. And the
examples shown online do not use the red wire(power line) at all. And that
is exactly what i did. I went by the conventional method before starting to
try out other things. also i later used the 3.3 V jumper.
Do you have any suggestions on what i could perhaps try?
Thanks

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CAEh-rEHk6%2BgXrB7EmuH7ha9s5S9apvMdyx-61dez85qSMwgkRA%40mail.gmail.com.