The RX and TX at the beaglebone are working just fine. The TX output from
the RS-232 is 5V.  Also i tried with and without connecting the red
wire(5V) from the RS 232. The necessary connections are GND (black wire) ,
RX and TX(green and white wires) of the PL2303 USB to Serial adapter.
I also tried using a BeagleBone Black RS-232 Serial Micro-cape (see
http://www.logicsupply.com/cbb-ttl-232/).

Note: RX and TX are working just fine for all the UART ports.(i confirm
after every try)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CAEh-rEGVBwKqz0gtB%3D473qWS_uTHcfhtf8uK%2BOEbX83J8NUjYA%40mail.gmail.com.