Hello,

I've problems to change the device tree on debian jessie on my beaglebone
black.

After boot, I need the following interfaces working:
- can0
- can1
- spi0
- adc
- i2c2 disabled (to use both can interfaces, I need no cape eeprom support)

I've installed this image (and executed apt-get update && apt-get upgrade):
bone-debian-8.4-iot-armhf-2016-05-13-4gb.img
>Distributor ID: Debian
>Release:        8.4
>Codename:       jessie

The Kernel Version is:
>uname -a
>Linux beaglebone 4.4.9-ti-r25 #1 SMP Thu May 5 23:08:13 UTC 2016 armv7l
GNU/Linux

Previously I used a debian "wheezy" image with 3.8.13 kernel. But since
that the device tree seems to changed a lot and now I'm stuck :-(

On wheezy I changed the am335x-bone-common.dtsi (get the source from
https://github.com/derekmolloy/boneDeviceTree.git), for disabling i2c2 and
enabling can0/can1/spi/adc. Then I rebuilded the am335x-boneblack.dtb and
copied it in the
<https://github.com/derekmolloy/boneDeviceTree.git>/boot/dtbs/3.8.13-bone71
folder. To use the can-bus, I had to add the interfaces to
*/etc/network/interfaces*:

auto can0
iface can0 can static
bitrate 500000

auto can1
iface can1 can static
bitrate 500000

After a reboot everything works fine. This was the result of many different
tutorials about enabling periphery on beaglebone black. Propably it was not
the right way, but I was glad that it finally worked :-)

For jessie I found the dtb-rebuilder, but everything I tried to change did
not work. New debian, no function - it's very frustrating...

Can someone explain me, how to work with the dtb-rebuilder, so I can enable
at least both can interfaces?

Thank your very much!
<https://github.com/derekmolloy/boneDeviceTree.git>

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/a4b31db1-53a8-41f6-9557-b5fe5c6195c1%40googlegroups.com.