I have a project that I have been working on for some several years.  It
started out on a BeagleBone White, but recently it was moved to the
BeagleBone Green so it run off eMMC instead of an SD card.   I have been
using embedded Ubuntu 14.04 (trusty) with the 3.8.13-bone79 bb-kernel
following the instructions
at https://eewiki.net/display/linuxonarm/BeagleBone.

I just received a newer BBG last week and I was unable to flash my image to
the eMMC.   Monitoring the debug output, I noticed that the eMMC failed to
initialize when the SD card was used so the flashing could not be done.
After some research, it appears that the eMMC hardware has been changed on
the Green.   On the BBB Wiki, I also saw that the Black appears to have a
similar change in Rev C.  Experimenting with several of the flashing images
on http://beagleboard.org/latest-images, the one one I can get working is
the Debian 8.4 Jessie version.

Is there a way to get the eMMC working with embedded Ubuntu 14.04 (trusty)
with the 3.8.13-bone79 bb-kernel?

Thanks!

Mark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/c2d1e59d-a95c-4d4e-a3fe-cf56daa231f6%40googlegroups.com.