From: Greg [mailto:soapy-sm...@comcast.net]
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2016 6:01 PM
To: BeagleBoard
Cc: jkrid...@beagleboard.org; Anna, Suman; Reeder, Jason
Subject: Re: [beagleboard] Ti's RPMsg Examples Significantly Changed

Hi Jason-

I'm confused and I hope you can clear up things a bit.

I've got the older version of the pru package which works with the mailbox.
I was working with this just last week, and it compiled and worked perfectly
with the rpmsg device appearing in /dev.
This is the example (similar to lab 5) PRU_RPMsg_Echo_Interrupt0.

I just updated the kernel to beaglebone 4.4.12-ti-r31.
Unfortunately I did not record the former kernel in which everything ran OK.
Now it is still compiling OK, but the firmwares do not run, as seen in dmesg.

Anyway, the most interesting this is the appearance of a new loadable module.
Here is a partial listing from lsmod:

pru_rproc              12632  0
pruss_intc              7223  1 pru_rproc
pruss                   9408  0

This is the first time I have seen pruss_intc.
Modinfo indicates that this is the work of Andrew F. Davis.
Is this at least a partial release of what you describe as
an "upcoming 4.4 kernel from TI"?

Regards,
Greg