@ Jason Reeder

I have seen much of your documentation on the ti wiki pages, as I spent a
week or two a bit at a time attempting to get something working to test
remoteproc. Here, one could probably very easily duplicate exactly what
you've done, and get exactly what you've demonstrated, working. The problem
here is that this does not teach anyone anything. So, if I for example
wanted to write host code using GCC instead of CCS. There is not enough
information for anyone to make this happen easily. *WITHOUT* digging into
the source code, or pouring over what little information there is on the
web about remoteproc. Which by the way most of that outside information is
irrelevant because they do not have  PRUs.

So, I stopped attempting to test remoteproc, because there is not enough
good documentation on the subject. exact step guides are useless if all you
really need to know exactly what needs doing for this to work. How does one
write a PRU config( hex ) files? What are the purpose of these files, and
what is a minimal example. Which drivers are needed ? Where is the API
documentation ?

You all need to make this dead simple to setup, not matter where a
developer is coming from. Otherwise you're going to end up with a bunch of
very experience pissed off developers, who do not even want to bother with
remoteproc. This means, that exact step guides for CCS only will not cut it.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CALHSORqhD-ubwQoV4GX7wXNe0-bAZ0be%3Ds57uSqsQWbEMhEKLQ%40mail.gmail.com.