Ok, I've got a confusion.

I found a backup is the ti-linux-kernel-dev tree that I used to create the
3.14.49-ti-r62 kernel that I've been using. It dates to 20150827. When I
rebuild with tools/rebuild.sh everything gets recompiled. I have rebuilt my
development system with Kubuntu 1204 64 bit, but that doesn't seem like it
should force a recompile of everything.

Any idea what is happening?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/b41c6b37-4336-4d5a-aea6-ab00ca0a6114%40googlegroups.com.