Hi,

Per Robert Nelson's eewiki site, I have a running BBB running
4.4.11-bone10.1 version (single partition model);
*initrd.img-4.4.11-bone10.1* is in /boot. A previous version, 4.4.1-bone5,
indicated that initramfs was installed (two partition model)---

[    3.484281] Unpacking
initramfs...

[    3.821276] Freeing initrd memory: 5196K (c8080000 -
c8593000)

I don't see those lines now. uEnv.txt in root has  ...

"loadxrd=load mmc 0:1 ${rdaddr} /boot/initrd.img-${uname_r}; setenv rdsize
${filesize}"

Diagnostics shows that the file is read into memory OK.

I sprinkled pr_debug() diagnostics in kernel to track progress -- in
start_kernel(void) located in init/main.c
I added around line #625..

       locking_selftest();
       *pr_notice("initrd_start:%d  initrd_below_start_ok:%d\n",
initrd_start, initrd_below_start_ok);*

Both initrd_start and initrd_below_start_ok were 0 ... should these value
be >0? Am I missing a configuration parameter? Are there any
other areas in the kernel to track progress?

thx for any help

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/cefe47d0-f786-4472-a469-d67f6c1eb829%40googlegroups.com.