> USB power is enough to power the ethernet. I've been doing this since 2013
> . . .

However, you can not use any other peripherals, or the board will start
behaving inconsistently. FOr instance, I can run ethernet all day long with
only USB power, I can even use the serial debug port with ethernet not
problem. But ethernet, and CANBUS will behave inconsistently.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CALHSORrXcrzO%2B0bTHFVNt5KZU5SN40n1xXguVmhAeOeWMsDwHg%40mail.gmail.com.