> I bow to the expert and throw away any calculations based on worst case
> scenarios and any experience I have had with 1000s of boards.
>
> Some may indeed work. A lot will not. I choose to err on the side of will
> not.
>
> Gerald

hahah, no Gerald, I've not tested 1000's of boards. only 5, and all 5 run
ethernet just fine from USB power. 2 A5A, 3 element14 RevC. But, my
suggestion is instead of just tossing the blanket "not enough power"
statement out there. at least try to troubleshoot, before "we" concede that
it is a power issue.

I'm will to bet that this is a kernel 3.8.x hotplug issue.

>>> http://beagleboard.org/

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CALHSORrf1-jP_J7GiYoyqi%2BH%3DXHSyxbkdzLgieyD9to4i_JZWw%40mail.gmail.com.