Hi,
First of all I would like to thank Robert Nelson too for all the hard work!

I've been trying to use the wlan0 like Guillaume Biton did.
This is what I tried:

- First I downloaded the same build (2016-10-23) and downloaded
the bb-wl18xx-firmware debian package. Installed it and get the same
results:

[  105.702806] wlcore: ERROR could not get firmware
ti-connectivity/wl18xx-fw-4.bin: -2
[  106.065979] wlcore: ERROR could not get firmware
ti-connectivity/wl18xx-fw-4.bin: -2
[  106.429990] wlcore: ERROR could not get firmware
ti-connectivity/wl18xx-fw-4.bin: -2
[  106.441032] wlcore: ERROR firmware boot failed despite 3 retries

- I also tried adding the firmware-ti-connectivity package with no luck
also (same error).
- I tried to compile the next snapshot with your modifications in a VM but
I get:

qemu: uncaught target signal 11 (Segmentation fault) - core dumped (This is
a known error from qemu).

I am writing to check wether the next snapshot will work just by adding
those packages or not.
On the other hand I would like to help with the BBGW and the wlan0
connections.
How can I give you a hand? Do you use a VM to build the snapshots or do you
run them in your computer?

Regards,
Danko

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/9cc7e846-1828-41b6-9ef0-83606eede6f1%40googlegroups.com.