Hi Stephane,
Yes WL18xx does have a power save mode which is on by default. It can be
disabled with

echo 0 > /sys/kernel/debug/ieee80211/phy0/wlcore/sleep_auth

The SW interrupt message means that the linux driver did not get a response
from the WL18xx firmware within a defined time and so represents the fact
that WL18xx has gone off into the weeds. It is often related to power
management changes in the MMC driver.

Iain

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/54ec7428-9446-4111-9403-97166a06f874%40googlegroups.com.