On Mon, Nov 7, 2016 at 5:07 PM, Greg <soapy-sm...@comcast.net> wrote:

> I'm also using 4.4.27-ti-r62.  In particular, the IOT distribution.
>
> I'm seeing strange behavior attempting to run Remoteproc.  It's like the
> PRUs are missing from the device tree.  I think.
>
> I'm comparing a working board built with 4.4.12-ti-r31 from a few months
> ago.  This one works perfectly.
>
> So I am comparing the contents of this directory:
>
> /sys/bus/platform/devices
>
> I believe the above contains a listing of the "non-discoverable" devices
> which are present in the device tree blobs.
> I'm still not getting the device tree that well, so my guess here could be
> totally incorrect.
>
> So on the working board (4.4.12-ti-r31), I see these entries for the PRU
> in the above directory:
>
> 4a300000.pruss
> 4a320000.intc
> 4a334000.pru0
> 4a338000.pru1
>
> For the badly behaving board (4.4.27-ti-r62):
>
> ocp:pruss@4a300000
>
> Why would these be different?
>
> If I cat slots on the badly behaving board:
>
>  0: PF----  -1
>  1: PF----  -1
>  2: PF----  -1
>  3: PF----  -1
>  4: P-O-L-   0 Override Board Name,00A0,Override Manuf,univ-emmc
>
> This seems OK.  I see the same after running the PRUs on the working board.
>
> I have not made any changes to uEnv.txt.
> Very baffled by this and not making progress.
>
> What does lsmod have to say ? because . . .

william@beaglebone:~$ *uname -r*
4.4.14-ti-r34
william@beaglebone:~$ *ls /sys/bus/platform/devices |grep pru*
4a300000.pruss
william@beaglebone:~$ *lsmod |grep pru*
uio_pruss               4928  0
uio                     8822  2 uio_pruss,uio_pdrv_genirq

It sound as though perhaps the remotproc driver is not loaded, or you have
the UIO driver loaded. You made the proper adjustment to the board file for
the second board ?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CALHSORqPEm_8SDSWOVBq9Y6BgUaG6YmaqqMAnb-pWOOPU7QhDg%40mail.gmail.com.