On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 1:21 PM, Robert Nelson <robertcnel...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 11:18 AM, mtn_beagle
> <djricha...@axeoninvestments.com> wrote:
> >

> >> Just to note what is on the Nodered.org site:
> >

> > Note: Node.js 7.x is under active development and is not recommended for
> > stable base. Many 3rd party node packages may not yet fully support Node
> 6.x
> > and later, especially if they contain a binary component. Check with the
> > author of the package if you are not sure.
> >
> > I have used a couple of packages recently that only accepted 4.x as the
> > latest supported version. Unfortunately, away from office to dig out
> notes.
> > I would prefer to have 4.x as the default for now until 6.x has more use
> in
> > the wild.
>
> With a few patches to one of node-red's dependicies, nodejs v6.x works
> good on that.. ;)
>
> But, yeah, we'll just bump to v4.x, give it a few more months till v6..
>
> Right now i just fired up a full image re-build, so v4.x users will
> have something out of the box to use..

> Robert Nelson
> https://rcn-ee.com/

I'd say, if it works well with NodeRED, I'd say go for v6 . . . except
someone is bound to run into a similar wall that I ran into with Phantomjs
a few months ago. Maybe not Phantomjs specifically, but something will
brake most likely.

The basics that I use, Express, Path, and socket.io + avoid anything else
like the plague. Would probably work fine. Not sure why I'm hesitant to
move to v6.x personally . . . but I figure it's a safe bet to "hold still"
for a while longer. Plus 4.x has support for what ? Another couple years at
least right ?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CALHSORphiB%3Dr%3D24gJBUsgRhOYA%3D9_1ksyZg14ZgcnxC7GtPpyA%40mail.gmail.com.